Monday, July 21, 2008

EDM Challenge #181


Everyday Matters challenge #181 is to draw a trash or garbage can. I have a boring ole' black mesh trash can in my office and I can't stand it so I decided to invent my own. Here is the Trash can I would love to have....
I imagine it would be made from a birchwood tree stump. Embellished with twigs from my mimosa tree. It will be sturdy and decorated with my favorite things .... MICE of course.
Here is Cornflower (of Redwall) helping her son clean up for dinner.
I know I know, it isn't complete but Geesh it is 1:30am and I am tuckered out. Just as sure as the sun will rise in the morning, color will be added to this drawing.
Graphite and color pencils

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

way to go! Love the trash can and would love to have one when you go into production! :)

kazumiwannabe said...

This dream trashcan is too cute! Can't stop smiling with this funny and lovely idea! Love the little mice in the bathroom, too kawaï!

Hi I'm Laurie... said...

Awesome trashcan!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Lots of detail to this sketch... can't wait to see it in color. I think it's amazing when I come across artists doing this challenge so keep up the good work.

Oh and thanks for voting on a name for piggie! =)

Heather said...

Very fun--think I need to join EDM once things slow down.

Deb said...

Adorable!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

This is great! I was just thinking this morning how boring trash cans are, mine are just your basic plastic ones, one wicker one.... :) Marva

Timaree said...

Love your unreal trash can. I notice you still added a small sketch of your real one!

Lynn said...

That's so cute! You're very creative to imagine that trashcan the way you want it to be.

Anonymous said...

Bins are tragically overlooked in today's society. Hohoho! Anyway, lovely idea, and your mice are great! (I love mice too)

Thank you for the comment on my blog, too!